Thursday 6 November 2014

Autumn Nail Polish Picks 2014

Today I'm going to share with you my top autumn nail polish picks. In the autumn I like to wear quite dark colours on my nails with a few grey-iege nudes and greens thrown in. 

Essie Penny Talk
I love rose gold in the autumn, it's warm and metallic and totally appropriate for this time of year.



MUA Khaki Green
MUA have since changed their packaging but I love this polish. It's a classic khaki green which is great for if you want something autumnal but not too dark. 



Essie Merino Cool 
This polish is fairly new to me and I have to say I think i may love it even more than my beloved Barry M Mushroom. It's a grey-iege nude but it's warm with slight purple undertones. I also think it looks really chic and grown-up. 



Avon Tweed
This polish is a very very very dark red that looks almost black/brown in some lights. It's more interesting than just plain black and I think is slightly mysterious too. Perfect for if you're feeling in a vampy mood. 



Essie Bahama Mama
Another favourite, this is a classic berry red-wine shade and it's such a gorgeous colour! I have already worn it multiple times this season and can see myself wearing it again which is very rare for me! 





Rimmel 60 Seconds in Pompous
I hate the name of this polish but I love the colour. I love dark purple nail polish and Barry M do another great one called Vivid Purple. It's not too dark so you can still tell it is a colour and I think shades like this never go out of style or clash with anything. 



Butter London Wallis
I can understand that a lot of people hate this polish because it's not the prettiest but I quite like those ugly-pretty shades. This is such a unique colour and I don't think I've ever seen anything similar from any other brands. 



Avon Cherry Jubilee 
This polish is quite similar to Bahama Mama but much more of a true red shade. This colour never goes out of fashion for autumn and I love wearing it on my toes as well as my fingers. I also like to wear a similar shade on my lips. I love matching lips and nails! 



China Glaze Agro
An olive-y green looks great at this time of year. It's not dark but not bright either and I love the shimmer in this polish. 


What are your favourite nail polishes for autumn? Are there any you think I should try? 

3 comments:

  1. I love them all! So autumnal, I LOVE the first one, very mermaid-esque!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many gorgeous shades. That Essie Penny Talk looks really cool. Hmm next time I'm shopping... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so jealous of your nails. Theyre such an awesome shape. Great choices. I love berry shades and matching my lips & nails
    Beth x
    Mermaid in Disguise

    ReplyDelete