Monday 9 June 2014

Ready for Red


Avon Gel Finish in the shade Firecracker (Photographs are without a topcoat)

There are no two ways about it, red nail varnish does not suit me, it just doesn't! I've always wanted to be one of those girls who can pull off red nail polish and look sophiscated and classy but it really does not suit me.
I can wear red lipstick but why not nail polish? It's one of life's many mysteries! 

My initial reason for picking up this Avon Gel Finish Polish was to test out the formula of the range but a lot of the shades were similar to other polishes in my collection... I thought I'd be daring and go for red! 

When applying the nail polish, i wanted to test out the shine most of all. It's a 'Gel' nail polish so you supposedly don't need a topcoat to make it glossy. 

I was super impressed and loved the formula. At first it was really glossy but then after about 12 hours the shine seems to fade on me. I always use a top coat with the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polishes and I would suggest you do with these ones too. 

Overall, I'd definitely by more from the range as I do like the formula, I'm interested in trying out the yellow as yellow nail polishes are notoriously streaky and hard to apply so maybe the gel formula will help with that. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a really nice polish. I have the same problem with red. I end up going for pinks instead.
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice, I think I may be converted to reds now! Thanks so much for your comment, Chloe xxx

      Delete