Saturday 3 May 2014

Pastel Nail Picks 2014



L-R, Models Own Apple Pie, Barry M Rose Hip, Models Own Blueberry Muffin, Barry M Prickly Pear

Models Own Apple Pie
I had a hard time choosing between this and the classic Essie Mint Candy Apple but even though I probably prefer the formula of the Essie polish, the Models Own one is the more green of the two and looks more like a classic mint colour. As I said, I hate the formula, it's really thick and hard to apple but this does mean that it is opaque in two coats and it lasts prettty well on the nails, I just wish the application was better. Far too gloopy! £5

Barry M Rose Hip
This polish is so pretty. When I first saw swatches online, I wasn't sure whether it was aiming to be a dupe for Essie Fiji but it has a lot more pink in it than Fiji does. It's such a good formula for a pale polish and you only need 2 coats. £3:99

Models Own Blueberry Muffin
Again, this polish has an awful thick formula but the colour is beautiful. It's the perfect soft pastel blue. £5

Barry M Prickly Pear
The brightest of the bunch, this was the first Barry M Gelly polishes I ever picked up and I love it! I often find that with Barry M, you need quite a few coats with their paler polishes as they can be a bit patchy or streaky but because this is part of the Gelly Hi Shine range, it is thicker in texture so you only need 2-3 coats to get it opaque and it's not streaky at all! £3:99



All polishes are 2 coats on the nail wheel. What are your Spring nail polish picks? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment