Thursday 25 September 2014

Things Lately

I try to keep my blog as happy and positive as possible and I like to think that I've come a long way where positivity is concerned but recently I've been feeling a bit stressed and a bit lonely too. Since finishing college, it upsets me that I don't really have any friends my age that I am able to meet up with often and although I have friends that I have met through Twitter, I would love some friends that live near me.

I feel really stressed about what I'm going to do in the future job/education-wise. I also feel really anxious about it and like I have no purpose sometimes. It scares me to think too far ahead to the future so I try to take every day as it comes. I don't feel like this as much as I used to but it's a big change not to be in education and not to see people my age and is something that is hard to get used to. I'm scared about never having a job, or being able to go back to education, never having friends or being able to do the things I want to do. I'm worried about what people will think if I'm not at college or working and it's making me so stressed. I feel like I need to have a plan but I don't and I really can't find anything that suits me which is so disappointing and disheartening that I can't do what I want to do. 

Don't get me wrong, most of the time I'm happy and positive but it's hard to be like that all the time and it sometimes gets to me. I try to apprieate the little things but it's really hard to see everyone else my age starting to drive and looking at uni's when I can't even walk too far or go shopping without suffering and being in a lot of pain afterwards. 

Chloe xx 

4 comments:

  1. Having this illness can get incredibly lonely. We'd be lying if we said we were able to stay positive ALL the time. Down days are inevitable, and it's hard when you don't know what the future holds. Have you looked into support groups in your local area? There are some specifically for younger sufferes too. Here's a link from the action for ME website http://www.actionforme.org.uk/get-help/me-support-groups Other than that I can't really think of anything else to say other than I'm always a WA message away. Love you lots Miss spoonie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hayley, I totally agree with you. I have looked into support groups in my local area but they either don't take under 18s or are mainly 40+ so no one my age. Thank you so much, Love you lots xx

      Delete
  2. Hiya there isn't really anything I can add to what Haley said but just wanted you to know I felt the same for years. The only friends I had were online and the one friend I had lived far away so I felt incredibly lonely and isolated. I would get so frustrated at how many people there are in this world yet i didn't have someone i could go to a cafe with and have a hot chocolate! For like 4 years I looked for local clubs and meet ups that I could join but unfortunately there just isn't things like that out there for young people the clubs are aimed at over 30's it was frustrating. I ended up going to MIND which is a mental health charity and it didn't help much for the first 2 years as there never seemed to be young people there, yet they informed me there was loads of people my age who used MIND but we were all to intimidated to go along to meet ups as there was only ever older people there. Then they decided to create a meet up for only young people and last month i made 2 friends who live in my area just like that i now had people around me ! So if your up to it reach out to your local community :) As for job/education it can be scary I'm 24 and havent worked since i was 19 i often feel like a failure as i can't contribute to the world but you have to remember its not your fault you got ill ! And working on your health is your job :) This illness is incredibly difficult to deal with so its ok to feel sad and worried sometimes you are human. You can always talk to me on twitter which i no doesn't help much cause you want to have someone to go places with or hang out at home with, but if your ever feeling down or just want a chat DM me and I think your doing amazingly well :) x P.S sorry that comment ended up being so long Oops!

    ReplyDelete