Thursday 16 February 2012

Rapunzel

Yesterday I was talking to a good friend of mine, called Elaine. I was telling her how I really want to get out more and do all the things that normal teenagers do. I explained how I felt and realised that I feel a bit like Rapunzel. Stuck inside. I like to think of myalgic encephalomyelitis as my 'four walls'. Rapunzels four Walls were literal and although some cannot see mine, they are very much still there. I have no choice but to sit, looking at the same four Walls everyday. Not being able to go out, enjoy life, see the world. Spending a lot of time wondering, dreaming about things I could do. Looking out the window, watching the world go by. The only thing is, Rapunzel escaped. At the end of her story, she is free and lives happily ever after. But I don't know where abouts in my story, I am. I might be at the beginning. I might be near the end. But I guess, I'll never know. My story hasn't ended happily ever after, I am not free from my 'four walls' but someday I will be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment